An incomparable view. Perched on a gentle hill overlooking the comings and goings on the river and estuary below, Nonsuch House is a luxurious bed and breakfast with its own unique 'wow' factor. With breathtaking views, deeply comfortable, south facing bedrooms and a conservatory and terrace upon which to contemplate the maritime activity below, Nonsuch House is a very special place to stay.
- With names steeped in maritime history, each of the four bedrooms are large, stylish and deeply comfortable
- And the views - each of the sun drenched, south facing bedrooms boasts incomparable views to the Dart estuary below
- Big fluffy towels, Egyptian cotton sheets, sparkling ensuite bath or shower rooms and much much more are simply part and parcel of Nonsuch House
- Relax with a good book in front of the log fire in the comfortable living room in winter
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast in the conservatory with its equally breathtaking views
- Contemplate the maritime bustle on the river below - on the terrace, in the garden
- Relax over a delicious home cooked dinner, taken by candlelight in the conservatory, and prepared by your gifted host and chef
Out and About
- Kingswear sits on the Dart estuary opposite Dartmouth, a coastal town with a rich maritime history. With its brightly painted houses, Kingswear has a lively Mediterranean feel, with three great pubs, a village store and a post office
- Relax on the terrace and watch the comings and goings on the river. With one of the biggest marinas in Devon, there is no shortage of beautiful yachts to admire
- Renowned for its fine food, Dartmouth offers a huge array of restaurants, cafes and bistros - most using local produce, particularly the local catch of the day
- Take a leisurely walk to the nearby National Trust houses - Agatha Christie's former home at Greenaway and the original home of D'Oyly Carte opera at Coleton Fishacre
- Meander around Dartmouth’s narrow streets and explore the numerous intriguing medieval buildings such as The Butterwalk, a timber framed arcade built in the early 1600s
- Enjoy award winning Blue Flag beaches or take an exhilarating speed boat ride out to sea or the more relaxing water taxi to a riverside pub
- With breathtaking views, picturesque villages, coastal walks and historic houses, it is no wonder that some people consider Dartmouth to be one of the best towns to visit in England
From £57.50 per person per night, double occupancy, including homemade cake and tea and a full English breakfast. Seasonal rates apply.
Food and Drink
Inhouse cuisine: With stunning views from the conservatory, enjoy a wonderful breakfast each day of the week. Home made muesli, jams, bread and fruit compotes, together with our own smoked fish, are complimented by locally produced eggs, bacon, sausages, freshly squeezed juices, fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. If you yearn for something different, you need only ask.
Nonsuch House offers dinner to guests four nights a week - Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. Dinner consists of 3 to 4 courses and guests are encouraged to say what they like to eat.
Three course dinner: £37.50 per head inluding service (menu can be influenced by guests!)
Eating out: There are many excellent local restaurants and we are happy to give you any help and advice. We can also provide you with a list of our favourites and make any bookings for you. It is essential to book ahead particularly at the weekend in the summer months.
Your Hosts: Kit and Penny Noble
Kit, a Kiwi, came to the UK in his mid 20s. Having taught for 4 or so years at a well known London prep school, he joined his parents in setting up and running Langshott Manor, a well-known hotel in Sussex. Kit came down to Kingswear in 1997 where they set up Nonsuch House – it quickly became well known. Meeting up with Penny, who had come to live in Kingswear having completed a leg of a round the world yacht race, they got married in 2003. She did not have to change her surname! Penny continued working as a Practice Manager of a firm of solicitors until 2006 when she joined Kit in running Nonsuch House full time. Kit is a great chef and creates the most fantastic meals from local produce, whilst Penny is front of house, administrator and chief bedmaker!!
Telephone: +44 (0) 1803 752829
Make Direct Enquiry
Nearby bed and breakfasts:
Romansleigh, South Molton, Devon
A luxurious and spacious contemporary rural retreat nestling in ten acres of organic gardens and woodland in the heart of North Devon. With no near n... more about Catsheys