Telephone: +44 (0) 1985 216631
Make Direct Enquiry
Nearby bed and breakfasts:
Dauntsey, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Perched on the banks of a river in breathtaking parkland, Dauntsey Park House is a stunningly beautiful country house with something of the 'wow&... more about Dauntsey Park House
Holwell, Near Burford, Oxfordshire
A former village school house, Fox House has been transformed into a stylish and comfortable home in a tranquil Cotswold setting. With its clever mix... more about Fox House
Little Barrington, Near Burford, Gloucestershire
Equidistant from the dreaming spires of Oxford and the regency spa town of Cheltenham, famous as the home of National Hunt racing, Home Farm was lovi... more about Home Farm
Pauntley Court Drive, Redmarley d'Abitot, Gloucestershire
"A place of great beauty and strangeness" - John Masefield, Poet Laureate. Believed to be the birthplace of Dick Whittington, Pauntley Cour... more about Pauntley Court
High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
A beautiful Grade II listed home, Seymour House is set in the heart of Chipping Campden, famously one of the North Cotswold’s most exquisite sm... more about Seymour House
Adlestrop, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire
An early 18th Century former post office, beautifully renovated in 2007, The Old Post Office offers luxury bed and breakfast in a beautiful and peace... more about The Old Post Office
Coln St Aldwyns, Near Bibury, Gloucestershire
The former piggery to the neighbouring manor house, The Piggery is the outcome of a lengthy project of restoration, inspiration and creativity. The P... more about The Piggery
Upper Oddington, Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire
At Trinity House, you will find peace and tranquillity with 21st century comfort. The longer you stay, the more difficult it is to tear yourself away... more about Trinity House
Kingham, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
Between the lovely Cotswold villages of Churchill and Kingham and surrounded by open garden, lake and trees, York House is a peaceful and elegant cou... more about York House
Find Events and Activities:
Steeped in history, Crockerton House offers luxury bed and breakfast in three supremely comfortable, elegant and tranquil bedrooms.
Originally built in 1669 as part of the Marquess of Bath's Longleat Estate, Crockerton House was sold out of the Estate in 1915 and has undergone many additions and transformations over its history. Set in one and a half acres of meticulously maintained gardens, Crockerton House is a wonderfully comfortable country house, nestled in a charming Wiltshire village, a mere ten minutes from the gates to the Longleat Estate.
- Choose from the three luxurious bedrooms on the first floor overlooking the gardens. Full of character, each room is decorated in a soft, tranquil colour with lovely bedlinens and goosedown duvets
- The Heytesbury Suite is wonderfully light and airy with large windows overlooking the front and rear gardens. With a private entrance, the suite comprises a super king size bed (twin on request) and ensuite bathroom
- The spacious Silk Room has wonderfully high ceilings and overlooks the back garden and lane leading down to the old mill. The suite comprises an ensuite bath and shower with super king-size bed (twin on request)
- The Officer's Room is an elegant room overlooking the front garden. With a king size bed, The Officer's Room enjoys an adjacent private bathroom with bath and walk-in shower, and separate lavatory
- After a fabulous night's sleep, take a leisurely breakfast in the elegant dining room, warmed in chillier times by a fire in the inglebook
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast with seasonal fresh fruit, organic cereals, homemade bread and jams and locally sourced eggs, bacon and sausages
- Take an early morning stroll around the glorious gardens
- Sit down to a candlelit supper in the elegant dining room - but don't forget to book
Out and About
- Visit Longleat House, a great Elizabethan mansion and home to the world famous Safari Park
- Explore some of the lovely nearby villages of Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset – Frome’s steep and narrow streets, Shaftesbury’s famous ‘Hovis’ view
- Enjoy one of the most famous gardens in the South West of England – the 18th Century landscaped garden at Stourhead has year round interest – from snowdrops in winter to glorious autumn displays
- Tour some wonderful historic houses – 16th Century Wilton House, the splendour of Bowood House and Gardens and historic Corsham Court – all within a 20 mile radius and all still in private ownership
- Visit the Georgian City of Bath with its Roman Baths and Royal Crescent and England's smallest city, Wells
- Famed for its White Horses and the Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Wiltshire is a fabulous centre for touring some of England’s truly unique heritage – Salisbury Cathedral is about 30 minutes’ away
- A little further north and you are in the southernmost reaches of the Cotswolds with the picturesque towns and villages of Bradford on Avon, Lacock and Castle Combe
- Or enjoy a day of National Hunt racing - Wincanton is only half an hour away
From £89.00 to £139.00 per night, double occupancy, and including tea and homemade cake on arrival and a full English breakfast. Single occupancy less £10.00 to £15.00 per night.
Food and Drink
Inhouse cuisine: Start with fresh fruits, organic cereals, yoghurt and freshly squeezed orange juice and apple juice from the garden in season. A full English breakfast is always on the menu. All our jams, marmalades and bread are homemade. Special diets can be catered for on request.
Afternoon tea with homemade cake is served on the day of arrival. Relax in the guest sitting room and enjoy a roaring fire on chillier afternoons.
Eating out: With prior notice, a two course candlelit supper can be enjoyed at Crockerton House (minimum two guests). If you would rather eat out, the Bath Arms in Crockerton is a stroll away.
There are lots of pubs and restaurants in the area offering a wide range of menus. We are happy to advise and make bookings for our guests.
Your Hosts: Chris and Enid Richmond
Christopher and Enid are quite the most charming hosts. Enid was awarded an AA rosette for culinary excellence six years running at their hotel in Devon. Having arranged tours of the UK for 30 years, Chris is delighted to help their bed and breakfast guests plan their itineraries to make the most of the Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset countryside surrounding Crockerton House.